How do I get started as a Virtual Assistant (VA)?

The question asked of me most often…

(Finished right at 2 minutes – score!)

Resources:
IVAA Summit – http://www.vasummit.org
FOVA – http://www.forumonvirtualassistance.com/
IVAA VAC Email Address – vac@ivaa.org
MeetUp – http://www.meetup.com
IVAA Membership Directory – Click HERE
IAVOA Membership Directory – Click HERE
VA Networking Membership Directory – Click HERE
Entrepreneurial Freedom Workbook – Click HERE

About Candy

My name is Candy and I own OffAssist. I've been a VA since February 2002 and work full time with my husband at it. We have been very successful and I am always being asked for just 2 minutes of my time. This is my way of giving everyone... "just 2 minutes of my time". Enjoy and please ask away!

, , , , ,

17 Responses to How do I get started as a Virtual Assistant (VA)?

1. Laurie/Halo Secretarial February 19, 2009 at 12:06 pm #

Candy – what a wonderful endeavour! I love the look of the blog and most importantly I think the concept is just fabulous. How are you recording? Via a webcam or something else? Thanks!!

Laurie/Halo Secretarial’s last blog post..Project Management for Lawyers

• Candy February 19, 2009 at 12:11 pm #

@Laurie/Halo I’m just using my trusty Flip Ultra. I figure that way I can take with me anywhere and if I feel like it, I can easily do one real quick – be prepared for soccer field videos *laugh*

2. Laurie Millane, Real Estate Support Pro. February 19, 2009 at 12:10 pm #

Great Job Candy! I love the 2 min. concept. I can’t tel you how many times I have received emails asking “How do I become a VA” now I can just send them to your blog.

• Candy February 19, 2009 at 12:12 pm #

@LaurieM *laugh* That’s what someone else said too… “great, now I can send them your way!” But yes, send them my way… I’m happy to help!

3. Sally February 19, 2009 at 12:20 pm #

Candy – this is going to be an awesome resource! I’ll be sending people here. Thanks! You rock! By the way, you are adorable in this video.

Sally’s last blog post..Ideas For Getting Out Of Debt Part I

• Candy February 19, 2009 at 12:25 pm #

@Sally Thanks… It’s so nerve-wracking for me, but ya know… what the heck, right? I find as I get older, less things bother me :)

4. shana February 19, 2009 at 6:14 pm #

candy – yay – great job! your videos will be a great resource for sure! you are so calm + easy to listen to as well… :thumbsup: (i too will be sending people your way, heh.) =]

shana’s last blog post..frsvirtual: RT @ScotMcKay If anyone needs an AWESOME transcript service for .42 per minute, DM me. This guy is amazing.

5. Kathy Colaiacovo February 19, 2009 at 7:04 pm #

Candy – You are always so willing to help others. A great role model!

Kathy Colaiacovo’s last blog post..A Great Virtual Assistant – helping others!

6. vicky February 20, 2009 at 9:18 pm #

I love the realistic view of how you developed your business. Your site is great and I look forward to more visits.

7. Patty Dost February 21, 2009 at 12:23 pm #

Candy, I tell you all the time, but I’ll tell you again…You ROCK! What an awesome idea! Good job and I love seeing you.

8. Candy February 22, 2009 at 5:54 pm #

Wow, I’m overwhelmed! Thank you all for all of your kind words. You all rock!

9. Pat Zappavigna February 23, 2009 at 8:39 am #

Wow, Candy! You rock! So now, instead of skyping you, I’ll post my questions here – *chuckle*. That way everyone can benefit from your knowledge. I absolutely love this concept…and the videos!

10. Sherra Scott ~ Virtual Assistant February 23, 2009 at 10:50 am #

Great resource Candy! As usual, you’re contributing greatly to the VA world (your attempts at world domination are not going unnoticed). :)

11. Jenny Fraser-VanBuskirk February 25, 2009 at 1:47 pm #

Candy, I purchased two of the books you spoke about! Thank you for inspiring me to take the leap! :)

12. Heike Miller February 25, 2009 at 4:39 pm #

Wow, what an inspiration! You are right, VAs help each other so much, it’s an amazing bunch of people, so we all need to keep it going and help each other. Great videos! Looking forward to seeing more of them.

13. Virtual Assistant Forums February 26, 2009 at 7:34 pm #

Hi Candy, great new resource for VAs here! Nice work. It seems you forgot to mention Virtual Assistant Forums as another great resource for new, aspiring and established VAs.

14. Candy February 26, 2009 at 7:38 pm #

@VA Forums… I gotcha added now… I keep forgetting to update everything, too busy playing with plugins… my apologies, you’re there now!